Do you go crazy for French macaroons? Save this simple and clear recipe and try out some culinary experiments!
You will need:
150 grams of almond flour
150 grams of powdered sugar
150 grams of sugar
50 grams of water
50 + 50 grams of egg whites
Almond flour can be bought in any store, it's not an exotic product!
So, let's get started ...
- Thoroughly sift flour with an average-sized sieve. You will need 150 grams of sifted flour;
- Add powdered sugar to the flour;
- Thoroughly stir the mixture, if you wish, you can sift it one more time;
- Now let's deal with the egg whites. Separate the egg yolk from the white. It is best to use eggs at room temperature. It is not recommended to use eggs that you have just taken out of the refrigerator. You need 100 grams of egg whites that you then divide into two bowls of 50 grams. Now you've got two bowls with the egg whites!
- Mix the sugar (150 grams) with water (50 grams);
- Put a saucepan with the sugar on the stove and heat to 105-110 degrees, add the coloring. While the syrup is heating, whip the one of the two bowls of egg whites with a mixer;
- When the syrup has heated to the desired temperature, while whisking, pour a thin stream of the mixture into the bowl with the egg whites. Then, when the mixture is cooled, add the other 50 grams of egg whites;
- Continue whisking and add the mixture of flour and powdered sugar. Continue to stir the dough until it becomes soft and glossy;
- Using cookie cutters, put the dough onto baking paper on a baking sheet and let it dry for 10-15 minutes. Then put your macaroons in the oven, preheated to 140 degrees;
- Cook for 15-17 minutes. The dough should puff up and form a "skirt". Between the two "caps", you can use any thick sauce as a filling. For example, marmalade or buttercream.